Saturday, March 19, 2016

I am Done with Being Made to Feel Like a Social Reject (Part One): Galileo, I Feel Your Pain!


"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilee


        Galileo's championing of heliocentrism and Copericanism was controversial within his lifetime, when most subscribed to either geocentrism or the Tychonic system. He met with opposition from astronomers, who doubted heliocentrism due to the absence of an observed stellar parallax. The matter was investigated by the Roman Inquisition in 1615, and they concluded that it could only be supported as a possibility, not as an established fact. Galileo later defended his views in "Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems," which appeared to attack Pope Urban VIII and thus alienated him and the Jesuits, who had both supported Galileo up until this point. He was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest. It was while Galileo was under house arrest that he wrote one of his most well known works, "Two New Sciences." Here he summarized the work he had done some forty years earlier, on the two sciences now called kinematics and strength of materials.
        I am, by no means, attempting to claim that I am or should be considered an intellectual equal to Galileo. What I am saying, however, is that in my own modest sense, I understand how he must have felt. After spending a great deal of his time and energy doing exhaustive research on a field of interest that set his mind and heart ablaze, he was rejected by the world. After years of research on a subject that he felt would change the world and the way we understand it, which it did, he was locked up in his own home, made to wear the label of a heretic, and silenced. This is the way that I have been made to feel for most of my life. My views, and my actions in defense of those views, have garnered me titles like, heretic, race traitor, weirdo, psycho, dumbass, pussy, pacifist, degenerate, menace, reject, nigger, radical, threat to society, bastard, loser, fool, reprobate, coward, villain, and countless others. I have been tossed out of social circles, banned from social activities, fired from jobs, and even pushed out of academic circles, among many other things. This has all led to the point where I feel more comfortable alone than in the company of others, and all because in exchange for learning about the world and making my own conclusions about what I see, hear, and feel, I have rejected most all of the programming that each of us is fed as we grow up.
        So, what follows is my humble and most contrite effort to emulate Galileo, who in his old age, knowing that death would soon greet him, offered the world one last little piece of defiance. Though I am expecting to have many more years ahead of me, I will, to the best of my ability, outline my understanding of the world in a topical manner. If, afterwards, I am still considered an apostate, then so be it, I will wear the title with pride. I no longer feel obligated to carry my differences as a burden to be scourged from my soul, but rather, I now feel obligated, as my mother once said, " to lay all of cards out on the table." I am not going to allow myself to be miserable just because some people do not like me for my stance on the issues. Their dislike for me is not going to alter my future, rather it will only encourage me to do and say more. Now, as a qualifier, if any person's views of me have been perpetuated by my inability to properly explain myself, I offer this piece as clarification. Let them, then, make up their minds for, with the burden removed from shoulders, as Buck Owens once said, "I am who I am, I am what I am, I do what I do, and I ain't never going to do it any different. I don't care who likes and who don't." Take the words for what they mean, nothing more, nothing less.


On Mental Health:  I must admit that I am able to speak on this topic using personal experiences to support my statements. In the spirit of spirit of openness, I say this because I have been diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder, with Depression and Hyper-Anxiety. As defined by the National Institute on Mental Health, Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. Symptoms of bipolar disorder are severe. They are different from the normal ups and downs that everyone goes through from time to time. Bipolar disorder symptoms can result in damaged relationships, poor job or school performance, and even suicide. But bipolar disorder can be treated, and people with this illness can lead full and productive lives. This disorder has led me to have what amounts to two faces. I have a face that I put on for the world, and I have the real face that I wear when I am alone stewing in my own self loathing. It is a very difficult thing to overcome and makes one more inclined, for comfort's sake, to shut people out of their life rather than risk the pain of rejection, misunderstanding, or betrayal. A great deal of internal confusion and chaos must be overcome for someone with this issue to get overly involved with other people. The mental work that is required to overcome the disorder is not properly understood by those who do not have the problem. I can say, from personal experience, most people would not and do not have the mental strength needed to do it. Unfortunately, while a person is in the midst of this struggle, their loved ones are usually the ones that suffer the brunt of their outbursts. I have my own litany of broken relationships to support this notion.
        Having made that admission, I now say this: I, and anyone else who has this disorder, are no different than anyone else because we have to deal with this issue. I am just as capable of contributing to the advancement of humanity as anyone else. All this means is that for whatever reason, my brain operates a tad bid differently than most people. The disturbance, as I like to call it, causes to me see and interact with the world and the people occupying it, in the extreme, with very little room left for any sort of middle ground. Neither does this make me a threat to society, as some have suggested to me in my lifetime. I, more than others, maybe, was lucky to have people in my family, who, while they never went to the doctor for the issue, knew they had the problem and taught me to deal with it using techniques that they had developed over entire lifetimes. It is in adulthood that I have sought professional help to manage those symptoms that have proven too strong for me defeat alone. I was trained to adapt to my environment, to observe my behavior and adjust myself when I know I am acting out character, and to regulate myself through meditation, reflection, and education. Not everyone has the fortune to get this kind of guidance. They must and should not be stigmatized for that. We, as a whole society, need to express the same compassion for their condition that was shown to me when I was only a child. Bi-Polar Disorder is not something that one contracts because of irresponsible living. It is something that a person is born with, and something that people can be taught to live with, given the appropriate attention. Think on that the next time you label someone crazy.


On Faith and Religion:  First of all, I do not, never will, and never truly have ever believed in the religious figure known as Jesus the Christ. This may come as a surprise to those people that are closest to me, but it is the blunt and very real truth. It is time that they realized that anything I said, did, or professed to believe in at the time, this being the pre-adulthood, I said, did, and professed in my efforts to receive social acceptance and to try to bring order to the chaos that was going on in my head. I do not wish to hurt them, but I must be honest. Otherwise, I would be betraying myself. This revelation, if you will, applies to the holy book of the Christian religion, as well. I do not, never will, and never truly have believed the Bible to be anything other than a cleverly written instruction manual on how to manipulate the masses. This means, of course, that I also do not see it to be the unconstestable word of some invisible god; but rather, I see it to be nothing more that what it truly is, the creation of men seeking to control other men. Again, the many hours that I spent pouring through its pages were spent in search of a way to explain why I felt the way I did inside. There are only portions of the text that ever resonated with me, and I have since found, through even more exhaustive research that those passages are plagiarisms, misuses, and poor translations of much older texts.
        Having made that blunt declaration, let it now be known that I am not an atheist, and I actually do have a great respect for religion and what it does and has done for the human condition. I pray daily, but I do not pray to a god that I cannot see. I, like our ancient progenitors, pray to my ancestors. I ask them daily for the courage, strength, and understanding that I need to live the kind of life that will live up to their expectations. For, I know that they did the same in their lifetimes, and it is my fervent hope that in this life, I will be able to live up to the many great deeds done by my noble forefathers. I also have faith. However, my faith is not in things unseen. My faith is in the people I care about, in myself, and in the capacity of the human species to overcome great adversity to achieve  ever greater, amazing, and awe inspiring feats. I have a big problem with being asked to believe in something that cannot be proven through rational means. I find it insulting to my intelligence and a complete abandonment of reason. Such efforts stink more of manipulation and social control than they do of honest efforts to expand human spiritual understanding. I also have a deity. My deity is all around me, inside me, and encompasses all aspects of my life. My deity is much greater than I could ever hope to be. My deity is the planet that gave birth to me and my ancestors, Earth. She gave me life, and one day, my essence will return to her to be recycled, while my flesh will melt back into the ground to feed the next cycle of life. These are things that I can touch, prove, and make reasonable sense of. They are marked by the need to maintain balance and reason. They do not ask me to abandon my intelligence, rather, they encourage me to never cease expanding it.
        Now, like I said, I do have a great respect for the role that religion has played and now plays in human society. In our ancient past, when we had not yet developed the advanced sciences that have now vastly expanded our understanding of the world that we live in, religion was the mode through which we gained our understanding of the world around us and all of the processes and occurrences of daily life. It explained how the seasons turned, it explained why lightening lit up the night sky, it explained why floods happened, it explained why people were born and then died, and much much more. Further, it bound people together into communities of individuals that could share each other's company and experiences with one another. It gave people an avenue to express their spiritual connection with one another and the world around them, something that is vital to the well being of every human to this very day. It helped them retain hope for the future in a world that seemed to constantly invent new and improved ways to destroy hope. Leading on that, religion still plays these roles, and that is a very good thing. However, religion is no longer needed to explain the functions of the world. We can use the scientific method to understand the world and its processes now. Religion's sole purview should be the spiritual well being of the people and nothing more. This leads to my only real issue with religion. When religion uses fear, violence, and coercion to keep people in ignorance, to manipulate societies, and to perpetuate systems of oppression, hatred, and degradation, I have a very serious problem with them. This is why I have such a big issue with the modern incarnation of religions like Christianity and its cousin religions. They do not uplift the people, but rather, keep them in constant fear of what they do not understand, instead of teaching them to seek the unknown and then to conquer it. I am not a fool, and I will not allow myself to be treated like one. Neither should any human that posses even a single speck of good sense.


On Race and Equality:  Race is not real. It is made up. It is a modern artificial social construct designed to maintain a rigid system of oppression and degradation at the expense of a group of persons deemed to be less worthy of social recognition by a ruling elite that seeks to maintain their status as the dominant social, moral, and legal power in a society. The reality is that Race has not a single logical reason to even exist. It serves only to divide a single species against itself, but for the sake of argument, I will use the word race here. I argue that there is only one real Race, and that is the Human Race. I, and all the people of the world, are members of that Race. The division of this race into separate races that can be placed on a hierarchical scale of social privilege has no basis in scientific fact. There is literally no genetic difference between a person with pale skin and a person with dark skin. Science has proven that the differences in skin color in our species are determined by the environment in which a specific group of people has lived for long periods of time. People who have lived in warmer climates that get an abundance of annual sunlight tend to be darker than people who have lived in colder climates that do not receive an abundance of annual sunlight. Thus, skin color is an environmental adaptation, nothing more. This basically means that by  nature, we are all created equally.
        I have shown, using some basic science, aka natural law, and a brief understanding of social construct theory to identify race as a false precept, which is used by the powers in a society to create social structures that establish inequality and maintain oppressive social orders. Now, let us turn to mathematical law to offer further evidence of the purely fallacious nature of race in the modern era. The most sturdy mathematical treatise that we can draw from is Euclid's, "Elements: Axioms and Common Notions." This two thousand year old book is a collection of definitions, postulates, axioms, propositions, theorems and constructions, and mathematical proofs of those propositions. The first law in this most heavily used and historically significant mathematical textbook is that two objects, or things, which are equal to the same object, or thing, are self evidently equal to each other. Let us, thus, combine this with the understanding that we have gained of race in this little exercise. If nature has determined that all people, we will use black and white for the purpose of this argument, are equal to her, then using Euclid's first law of mathematical reasoning, they are self evidently equally to one another. Essentially, there is no difference, biologically or logically, between a white person and a black person, save for the natural environment that their people have lived in for an extended period of time. Again, race is a fallacy! The modern conception of race has no basis in scientific, aka natural, or mathematical law or reasoning. It is a fallacious creation of a social elite class, designed to maintain an oppressive social order that values one type of person over another, based solely on the biologically insignificant color of their skin, all in an effort to retain those people, against their will, for their forced labor and economic output.
        Now, let us look to history, as I have already done in the past. The first slaves to live within the borders of what would later be the United States of America arrived on the North American continent in the early 1620s. They were African warriors, women, and children that had been captured in battle and sold off to Portuguese slavers by their king's enemies. They were from West Africa along the coast near the River Gambia. They were brought in as an experiment to work the expanding tobacco fields in the colony of Virginia. Initially, they were treated as indentured servants and many were granted their freedom after a specified term of service. However, by the late 1640s, just over twenty years since the first slave had stepped foot on what would become American soil, they started to outnumber whites. These whites, worried for their safety, and seeking to secure a permanent and free labor source began to enact 'white' laws. These laws, combined with a series of pro white court cases, placed Africans at the bottom of the social order and made their condition of slavery perpetual. Eventually, this condition was even extended to children born to slaves. This was a unique atrocity that not even the Romans had practiced. It was made possible for the first time for a person to be born into slavery, to work their whole lives as a slave, and to die as a slave, never once having experienced the glories of freedom. This system made it possible for whites to groom slaves, from childhood, to accept their station, assist in its expansion, and work without complaint to perpetuate the system. So, what we have here is the point in our nation's history when the 'white' and 'black' races were invented out of thin air. Prior to this era, these designations did not exist. We can, thus, say that the modern conception of race is a false dichotomy that has no basis in historical fact, whatsoever.
       Having shown in three ways that race is a blasphemous lie perpetuated by a system of corrupt leaders whose sole purpose is economic, social, and political gain; please, if you will, allow me to offer my feelings on the issue. First, I am not and will never allow anyone to call me a white man! I am, before anything else, a human being. I do not wish to be identified with an artificial social construct that is responsible for the destruction of millions of lives around the world. The very thought is repugnant to me. Second, I am the descendant of political exiles. The Halliburton family came to the American colonies in 1746 after the Battle of Culloden, in the last war for Scottish Independence. They were sent here by King George II as enemies of the state, in place of execution. The last two surviving sons of the last Halliburton to be the Baron of Tweed, David and William, made sure that some two hundred years after they arrived here, their progeny would remember that. This makes me a political exile also, and a proud Son of Scotland! Third, through my birth father, I am what Jim Crow Louisiana would have called an Octoroon, in that I am one-eighth African American. I have even had the great fortune to meet my grandmother on his side, Mama Jefferson. She has since passed on to the next life, but I am proud to have been able to call her Nana. Fourth, I have a fricking soul, and I do not wish for it to be stained with the inherited crimes of four hundred plus years of theft, rape, and murder. Fifth, I am an American Citizen, and as an American Citizen, it is my sacred duty to defend the rights of anyone who finds themselves the victim of unjustified discrimination in this country. Therefore, I commit myself to that mission. 


        Sixth; and most vitally important, I have a very clear message to deliver to all those paleskins, not including mindful European Americans, whose purpose it is to fight for the superiority of the 'white' race. I am referring to those white people in, or supportive of, organizations like the Ku Klux Klan, the White Knights, the Neo-Nazis, and the like; I am not your friend! In fact, if you push me too far, you will find that I am your worst enemy! Do not push me, do not ask me for help, do not look to me for confirmation of your ignorance! If we meet in the street, and I find you violating the rights of my fellow Americans for no other reason than because they are non-white, or for any other reason under the sun, I will meet upon you, tenfold, the same treatment that you sought to deliver to them. I will violate your rights and never think twice about it. You are a disgrace to humanity, and a blatant violation of natural law. If ever there were human beings who had willingly sacrificed their right to exist, it is people like you. You disgust me, and if I ever get the opportunity, I will make you pay dearly for your willful ignorance. Pray that day never comes; for if it does, my hands will be washed red with your blood!


To be Continued.....

4 comments:

  1. Excellent article, you are a good writer who uses logic, reasoning, critical intelligence and has clarity of thought! You should write more.
    I would suggest dropping the self pity, and self depreciation, for you are too good for that. There are many like you. Just own up to your self and enjoy it like a bad ass in an enslaved, dogmatic cultic society. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent article and it was very brave of you to be so open with your experiences and opinions.

    There were some things that stood out to me which I will address, for the sake of conversation and sharing different opinions, if you don't mind.

    On Mental Health: "Having made that admission, I now say this: I, and anyone else who has this disorder, are no different than anyone else because we have to deal with this issue... All this means is that for whatever reason, my brain operates a tad bid differently than most people."

    Do you realize the irony here? You first say no different, then admit there is a small difference. I think this shows linguistically that you see "different" as some negative thing but different isn't negative. Your other arguments were very logical and well thought out but this was a claim that seemed out of place, more clearly stemming from an emotional (and personal) standpoint rather than objective. There is a difference there and I think it's important to acknowledge that difference but that doesn't mean malicious behavior should be condoned or excused by that difference. Just food for thought. :)

    On Faith and Religion: "I do not, never will, and never truly have believed the Bible to be anything other than a cleverly written instruction manual on how to manipulate the masses. This means, of course, that I also do not see it to be the unconstestable word of some invisible god; but rather, I see it to be nothing more that what it truly is, the creation of men seeking to control other men."

    So true and well articulated.

    "Again, the many hours that I spent pouring through its pages were spent in search of a way to explain why I felt the way I did inside. There are only portions of the text that ever resonated with me, and I have since found, through even more exhaustive research that those passages are plagiarisms, misuses, and poor translations of much older texts."

    This, to me, completely backs up the statement you made about religion being used as a mass manipulation too. It is inspiring and wonderful that you have done your research here and I wish more people who actually consider themselves to be "religious" would too. I think it would have a hugely positive affect on the world.

    On Race and Equality: “Race is not real. It is made up. It is a modern artificial social construct designed to maintain a rigid system of oppression and degradation at the expense of a group of persons deemed to be less worthy of social recognition by a ruling elite that seeks to maintain their status as the dominant social, moral, and legal power in a society. The reality is that Race has not a single logical reason to even exist.”

    This is where we start to really disagree and I sincerely hope you will hear me out. I am sure you have heard of scientific classifications for life? Kingdom, Phylum or Division, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Species. Do you believe that these classifications were made up so humans could oppress and degrade animals and plants? I sincerely hope that you don’t because they were actually designed for a better understanding of life and how different types of species “work”. The same thing goes for race. It is not a tool for degradation but a tool for science and understanding. There are legitimate genetic differences in humans that are tied to race, hence the study. If Europeans came across Asians and Africans etc. and found them to be the same, they wouldn’t have needed to define race to understand the different types of humans they were coming across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Additionally, there is so much humanoid history that most people don’t know about. Neanderthals and Denisovans were different types of humanoids and it’s just incorrect to say there is no difference simply because they are all humanoid. Many people do not like to think of humans as we think of animals and plants yet we are all biological life and therefore have much in common as well as many differences. Science and classifications like race are designed to understand and acknowledge those differences and similarities as well as understand why they exist and how they play out. Of course there are some who will use that as their own personal justification to malicious behavior but those people are going to grasp and hang onto anything they can to oppress and degrade other people.

    “The division of this race into separate races that can be placed on a hierarchical scale of social privilege has no basis in scientific fact.”

    The cultures that tend to separate races for the purpose of a social hierarchical scale of social privilege are the least interested in science. It is actually the societies that rely most on science that also have the most freedom and equality.

    “There is literally no genetic difference between a person with pale skin and a person with dark skin.”

    Actually yes there is. There is a reason why Africans tend to have darker skin and why Europeans tend to have paler skin and it has to do with evolution, adapting to different climates and environments etc. That being said, skin color does not equal race but that doesn’t mean skin color has nothing to do with genetics. Every part of us has to do with genetics, it’s our genetic coding that does determine what color our skin is, hair is, eyes are, height, body build, etc.

    “Thus, skin color is an environmental adaptation, nothing more.”

    It’s not an environmental adaptation because if you put an African in Norway, they aren’t going to magically get pale skin (unless they die from exposure to extreme cold weather) and if you put a Norwegian in Africa, they aren’t going to magically tan. They have to have the genetics in order to tan. So it’s actually a genetic adaptation, an evolution that *occurs over time* to adapt to environment yes but not simply changed by environment alone.

    “This basically means that by nature, we are all created equally.”

    Is a palm tree equal to a redwood tree? Is a black bear equal to a panda? Of course there is the argument that they are both trees/bears/etc. but I think you are overlooking differences too much. Certain animals and plants are only found in certain areas because they evolved to those environments. They are equally animals or plants but they don’t perform equally in the same environments. That is exactly the point with race. Yes, we are all equally human but that doesn’t mean we have no differences or that we perform equally in all settings and environments.

    “Essentially, there is no difference, biologically or logically, between a white person and a black person, save for the natural environment that their people have lived in for an extended period of time.”

    Honestly just look out how Europe has evolved in comparison to how Africa has evolved and please explain to me how they are the same? They chose completely different lifestyles, have different appetites, think completely differently, act differently and least of all also look differently. Logically there is an obvious difference and biologically there are tons of differences. Obviously there are less differences between say a white and black person in America where they both live American culture but there are still genetic differences between them. The biological difference in DNA between humans and chimpanzees is less than 1% so do you believe we are also making up our difference between species, genus and family with them since we share the same order, class, phylum and kingdom? Do you consider us genetically the same as Neanderthals and Denisovans who are a different species (not homo sapiens) beyond race?

    ReplyDelete
  4. “It is a fallacious creation of a social elite class, designed to maintain an oppressive social order that values one type of person over another, based solely on the biologically insignificant color of their skin, all in an effort to retain those people, against their will, for their forced labor and economic output.”

    You are mistaking perceived race with scientific race. The people who perceive racial differences as being as simple as skin color, then yes you are correct when you say they invoke race purely for racist reasons. When it comes to science and education however, the classification of race has nothing to do with preference or slavery etc.

    I have a question for you. If you don’t see any differences in race then why in your “history” paragraph did you refuse to mention the fact that the first African slaves brought to the US were captured by other African tribes who sold them to the Portuguese? Your wording implies that it was the Portuguese who captured the Africans and that seems to be pushing a racist agenda of Caucasian vs African? Why also, did you not mention the fact that it was both black and white US slave owners or the fact that the entire northeast of the US was always against slavery from the beginning and never condoned it? If you don’t see any differences in race at all then why wouldn’t you mention all of the facts involved instead of cherry picking the ones that fit a racist narrative, ironically enough?

    “It was made possible for the first time for a person to be born into slavery, to work their whole lives as a slave, and to die as a slave, never once having experienced the glories of freedom.”

    You should look into some world history. This already existed and even still does exist right now in India with the caste system. What the South was doing in the US at the time before the Civil War was not the 1st time people were born into slavery and again, this is another example of you pushing a racist agenda seemingly with the purpose to divide Caucasians from other races by making them believe there was some special racism between the two that didn’t exist between and within all races.

    “This makes me a political exile also, and a proud Son of Scotland!”

    Really? You’re going to promote nationalism, which is strictly geographical and has far more history rooted in conquering, raiding, raping, murder and power wars, yet denounce the simple classification of race just because some people use it to excuse their own malicious intents? It seems clear to me that you are missing the point that it is actually countries and borders that push war far beyond race. More wars have been over territory rather than race or skin color.

    “Third, through my birth father, I am what Jim Crow Louisiana would have called an Octoroon, in that I am one-eighth African American.”

    How do you know that you are 1/8th African American? Have you done a DNA test or is that just an estimate?

    “Fifth, I am an American Citizen, and as an American Citizen, it is my sacred duty to defend the rights of anyone who finds themselves the victim of unjustified discrimination in this country. Therefore, I commit myself to that mission.”

    Then I sincerely hope you focus more on economic situation rather than race. It is the people of all races born in poor economic situations that need the most help.

    “Sixth; and most vitally important, I have a very clear message to deliver to all those paleskins, not including mindful European Americans, whose purpose it is to fight for the superiority of the 'white' race.”

    Perhaps you don’t see the obvious racism here with “paleskins” but there are non-european people who support white supremacy and not all Caucasians are pale-skinned.

    ReplyDelete