Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Personal Proclamation Against Fascism


"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

There is an air of fascism about this country, a sense that the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, so long embraced by the American people, are either on their way out the door, or are already long deceased. This does not sit well with many Americans, and it shouldn't. However, there is something about the dreary cloud that appears to be moving its way over everyone's heads that does not seem normal. It, for some reason, seems to be a familiar specter, one that many Americans have long been used to shacking up with. It is the reality that the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness have not always been enjoyed by all Americans. It is the reality that in some form, fascism has always had a place in this nation.

Knowing this, I have decided, myself, to reject the incoming President, as he fits the definition of a Corporate Fascist. I do no not believe that the people should have to shed their blood or tears just because of the this jerk. As things become chaotic under his administration, I want to help people survive the day to day troubles of life. I want a government that is for the people, not against the people. I believe that by doing this, people will see that I have rejected the current status quo. I believe that when the Founding Fathers started this country, they created the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution with humility and selflessness because they knew that the Monarch in England only ruled his people from the top down. I believe that their purpose was to create a system that prevents the rise of a tyrannical power in the United States. I also believe that both major American political parties, the Democrats and the Republicans, have been infected with the viruses of bribery and treason, and that it is the people's job to cleanse our political system of these plagues.

I believe in a government that responds to the needs of all of its people, not just those people at the top.

I believe in a government that does not judge you by your race or who you love, but rather, on your personal actions and decisions.

I believe in a government that provides medical care, housing assistance, and food assistance to its population, so that they can be comfortable and help this nation to grow.

I believe in a government that holds every citizen accountable equally, rather than judging them by the depth of their pockets.

I believe in a government that is self-sustaining and that can help its people by properly allocating the funds that it collects from taxes and other sources of funding.

I believe in a government that avoids war at all cost but that will not hesitate to defend its people when the occasion arises.

I believe in a government that gives equal educational opportunities to all of its citizens, and as such, makes public colleges and universities tuition free.

I believe in a government that educates its weapon owners properly about bearing arms and prosecutes anyone who abuses their weapon privileges.

I believe in a government that keeps military style weapons with the military, out of the streets, and away law enforcement agencies.

I believe in a government that keeps the means of production in the hands of the working class.

I believe in a government that does not allow for the privatization of prisons and detention centers.

I believe in a government that does not allow any political candidates to receive donations from corporations or wealthy people in exchange for political favors.

I believe in a government that protects the reproductive rights of men and women across the nation.

I believe in a government where all public officials are elected by popular vote.

I am aware that it is impossible to create a Utopian society; however, I do believe we can get as close to one as is possible. I am also aware that there are many more things that need to be addressed in the current system. Each of the notes made above are considered, in many other nations, to be standard operating procedure. Yet, somehow, in the United States, they are not. This is so because we live in a corporate fascist state. This will especially be the case when Donald Trump is sworn into office. Something needs to be done about this insanity before it is too late. The good people of this nation need to stand up for their rights, and they need to listen to people like Bernie Sanders who are actually talking sense about how we can make the above list a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment